1. AdFit is a summer program sponsored by Appalachian Regional Healthcare System.
2. Tentative program dates are June - August 2011. Dates are dependant on the county school schedule.
3. Program requirements are a BMI of >85th percentile. Any child that will be 9 years old by the program start date and will not be older than 12 by the program start may participate.
4. Program days are Monday - Thursday from 7:30 am to 4 pm. Cost ($80) includes snacks, lunch, field trips and activities. A limited number of scholarships are available.
5. Registration is required. A registration form will be available soon. Registrations will be accepted until all slots are filled.
6. Activities include swimming, hiking field trips to various places including bowling, golf lessons, Grandfather Mountain, team games, cooking classes, dance lessons and social support groups.