ARHS offers several options to help you resolve your account balances. We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover, cash or checks. We offer 12-month interest free payment plans and a Healthcare Credit Card for longer term loans. We also offer help identifying other programs, discounts, and services for which you may qualify.
We understand medical bills are often unplanned and can be difficult to understand or pay. ARHS has Patient Financial Advocates who are professionally trained to assist with your financial questions.
| Contact Us:
Financial Assistance is available to those patients who are in need of help to pay their account. Assistance is based on the guarantor’s financial status. In order to determine this, the guarantor will need to complete a Financial Assistance application that includes, but is not limited to, proof of income and assets.
How to receive financial assistance:
- Ask for a Patient Financial Advocate while you are a patient, or call (828) 262-4413, Monday-Friday 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Complete a Financial Assistance Application.
- Download an application.
- Pick up an application at Watauga Medical Center, Cannon Memorial Hospital, or any of the offices of Appalachian Regional Medical Associates.
- Request an application be sent to you by mail. Call (828) 262-4110 or write to 155 Furman Road Suite 101, Boone, NC 28607.
- Return the appliaction and all required documentation within the alloted time.
- ARHS will determine eligibility based on the application and supporting documents.
The Financial Counseling Department is also available to help patients who may have difficulty repaying their medical debts. Contact our Financial Counseling Department at (828) 262-4110.
Questions about your Bill or Patient Account
Please Note: When sending an email to our patient accounts department, please be sure to include a daytime phone number along with information regarding the best days and times when you can be reached. Our patient account representatives will respond to your email by phone to ensure patient privacy.