Heart Healthy Recipes - Pumpkin Pie
Prep: 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 ¼ hours
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin (about 1 ¾ cups)
8 ounces skim milk (has a slight taste) or 8 ounces low-fat soymilk (has a slight taste)
3 egg whites
2/3 reduced fat graham cracker crust (take off the sides of crust and discard)
¾ cup Splenda sugar substitute
2 egg whites, for the crust
Pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Mix pumpkin, milk and egg whites until smooth.
- Gradually stir in Splenda (1/4 cup at a time).
- Add the pumpkin pie spice; taste and add more if need be.
- Pour into crust* and spread evenly. *To make crust less likely to turn soggy, beat some egg whites and brush over the crust and bake at 350°F for about 5 minutes.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes then reduce the temperature to 350°F and bake for another 45 minutes (may vary depending on ovens).
- Let cool and serve your favorite way.
No nutritional information, but looks like about 20 g of carbohydrates per serving or 1 carbohydrate serving for 1/8th of pie.