Heart Healthy Recipes - Chicken Marsala
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ cup flour
4 (5 ounce total) chicken breasts, boned, skinless
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ cup Marsala wine
½ cup chicken stock, fat skimmed from top
½ lemon, juice only
½ cup mushrooms, sliced
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Mix together pepper, salt, and flour. Coat chicken with seasoned flour.
- In heavy-bottomed skillet, heat oil. Place chicken breasts in skillet and brown on both sides, then remove and set aside.
- To skillet, add wine and stir until heated. Add juice, stock, and mushrooms. Stir, reduce heat, and cook for about 10 minutes, until sauce is partially reduced.
- Return browned chicken breasts to skillet. Spoon sauce over chicken.
- Cover and cook for about 5-10 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Serve sauce over chicken. Garnish with chopped parsley.
(per serving or 1 chicken breast with 1/3 cup of sauce)
Calories: 285 Cholesterol: 85 mg
Protein: 33 g Sodium: 236 mg
Carbohydrate: 11 g Fiber: 1 g
Total fat: 8 g Potassium: 348 mg
Saturated fat: 2 g
½ to 1 carbohydrate exchange