Our Emergency Departments provide emergency medical care for life-threatening illness and injuries. Our staff is dedicated to providing the expert care that you expect from our hospitals – quickly and efficiently. Our team of emergency-trained medical staff are on duty 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
When you arrive at one of our Emergency Rooms, you will be asked for some basic information to complete your registration. A triage nurse will ask you questions to determine the severity of your condition. Patients are treated as quickly as possible, with priority given to patients with the most severe injuries or illnesses.
The following services are available for your convenience while you are in Emergency Services:
- Our waiting areas provide restrooms, public telephones, television, and TTY. Wireless access is available in the main waiting area.
- Food services and snack machines are located on the main floor of each hospital.
- An interfaith chapel, gift shop and additional seating are located in the lobby of each hospital.
If the emergency physician feels it is necessary, he/she may call in a specialist for consultation on your medical condition. If the physician elects to admit you to the hospital, the emergency department staff will provide care until your admission process is complete and your room is ready. The Emergency room staff is not be responsible for personal belongings.
Emergency Services is located at 2 locations:
- Cannon Memorial Hospital, located at 434 Hospital Drive in Linville, NC
- - For more information, call (828) 737-7000
- Watauga Medical Center, located at 336 Deerfield Road in Boone, NC
- For more information, call (828) 262-4100
Our Emergency Rooms are fully accredited by the Joint Commission for the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations.
If your condition is not life-threatening, AppUrgent Care offers convenient, walk-in care for illnesses and injuries such as sore throats, strains, sprains, fever, flu and more. AppUrgent Care is open Monday through Friday, 8 am – 7 pm and Saturday and Sunday from 9 am – 5 pm.