Appalachian Healthcare Project
Appalachian Healthcare Project is a collaborative effort of the medical community to provide healthcare for the low income, uninsured residents in Watauga and Avery Counties.
The project enrolls persons who meet program guidelines and coordinates healthcare on their behalf. The coordination of healthcare includes assigning patients to a primary care provider, managing referrals to specialists, and obtaining medications for the patients. The medical care providers donate much needed care to those who qualify.
Appalachian Healthcare Project targets individuals who meet the following qualifications:
- Total household income at or below 200% Federal Poverty Guidelines,
- No access to health insurance, including Medicaid, Medicare or private health insurance,
- Resident of Watauga or Avery County,
- Active, chronic medical condition.
For more information, call one of our offices:
- Boone - (828) 268-8956
- Linville - (828) 737-7725